Embark on a New Career in 2013!
With more than 6500 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture and environmental consulting firms. Servicing clients across five continents our people share a passion for successful project delivery and exceptional results. We have an ongoing requirement for high-calibre professionals to join our global network.
GHD’s Management Consulting team has played a leading role in the development and growth of business consulting for more than 35 years. We have a proven track record with a wide range of clients, providing services across asset management, maintenance management, information management solutions and business risk assessments.
We currently have a rare opportunity for a Business Consulting Intern to join our close-knit Irvine team. This position will be responsible for providing technical support to deliver projects, whilst learning the fundamentals of management consulting practices. The role will allow you to be actively involved in a variety of different projects that will help you develop your technical and professional skills. Initially, this position will be a 20-25 hour commitment per week.
- Candidates must have completed a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Civil or Mechanical preferred). Any business/management study units or majors would be advantageous
- Currently undertaking or have completed a Masters degree in a relevant field.
- Strong command of database work (e.g. MS Access, Excel, Oracle)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience in various management systems (e.g. CMMS, GIS) is preferable
- Ability to support technical delivery of projects and learn management consulting practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills – ability to communicate ideas and technical information, as well as a flair for report-writing.
- Team player, ability to work well with others, as well as working independently when required
- Ability analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data
- Self-driven with the ability to manage competing work priorities
- High responsibility with ethical standards, committed to producing high quality work.
If you are looking to embark on a career in management consulting, join a company who is committed to sustainability, innovation and your development, who welcomes your ideas in an atmosphere of teamwork, integrity and respect. Our Irvine office is conveniently located near I-5, just south of the 405 interchange. Our multi-discipline office offers a healthy work environment and good-natured camaraderie.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. To apply, please submit your CV, Cover Letter & Academic Results to the appropriate role via http://www.ghd.com/careers.
For a confidential discussion please contact Trish Fernandez, People Advisor on 1 949 585 5209