AMEC Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Project Environmental Scientist/Environmental Geologist to join our team in Portland, ME. The position is approximately 70% field work and 30% office work on federal, industrial, and commercial sites.
- Will lead field assignments under the supervision of a Project Manager, Senior Scientist or Engineer
- Will plan, manage, execute, and document environmental sampling activities.
- Field activities may include logging of soil borings and rock cores, design and oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations.
- Will oversee AMEC field staff and contractors supporting investigation, remediation, or operation and maintenance activities.
- Other duties may include construction oversight and support of permitting and environmental compliance and safety practice areas
- Office activities may include data reduction, review, validation, and/or interpretation of analytical results.
- Will prepare plans and reports under the supervision of a Senior Scientist or Senior Engineer.
- Will maintain spreadsheets/databases and other data for projects, prepare charts, conduct routine scientific calculations and run computer programs.
- Will follow company safety standards, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.