The Facilities Business Line provides building-focused architectural and engineering services to a variety of commercial, industrial, and institutional clients. We provide analysis, evaluation, plans, and design for facility projects that involve rehabilitation, expansion and new construction. We provide services in mechanical/HVAC, electrical/lighting, structural, security, data and voice communications, energy management, audio visual, civil/utility, site development, and architectural disciplines. Our projects are often focused on sustainability and energy efficiency including LEED® and other green building certifications.
We are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Los Angeles, CA office. Candidate will be responsible for designing heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; plumbing systems; fluid distribution systems; fire protection systems and site utilities. Experience required includes code reviews, systems design and applications, economic evaluations, life-cycle cost analyses, energy conservation, equipment selection, specifications, construction estimating, bidding documents, construction administration, start-up, trouble shooting, and commissioning of mechanical systems. Work also involves field surveys of mechanical systems, testing of existing systems, and energy studies. Projects involve public works, mass transit, commercial, educational, and health-care facilities.
As the Mechanical Lead Engineer for GF-West, you will lead the growth of profitable business by capitalizing on existing relationships and by generating new business based on your own network. You will be a key member of our West Regions to drive growth of our Facilities Business Line. In addition to engaging at the local level, you will also have opportunities to contribute at the national and global level. You will work with senior leaders in the company and collaborate with other practice leaders and market segment leaders to further develop our services.
Responsibilities will include:
- Survey and studies of building mechanical equipment and systems
- Design of HVAC systems, building automation systems, plumbing systems and fire suppression systems
- Technical direction of mechanical designers and technicians on specific projects
- Progress and other report writing
- Project specification writing
- Project management
- Proactive problem identification and resolution
- Coordination and verification of project deliverables
- Participate in business development meetings with prospective clients, proposal preparation and delivery, as well as general client interaction