Manages and coordinates all aspects of construction projects, including executing plans, organizing, budgeting, and cost reporting. Ensures that the goals and objectives of each project are accomplished on schedule and within budget, and that quality and safety standards are met. Supervises department staff in successfully accomplishing goals and objectives.
Primary/Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
• Coordinates with department managers to establish work plans and staffing for each phase of the project.
• Ensures that project activities comply with government regulations.
• Verifies estimates based on detailed review of proposal specifications.
• Attends and/or leads meetings with project staff and management to communicate information related to each function’s needs concerning project requirements.
• Supervises project activities to ensure that the project is executed in accordance with designs, budgets and schedules; takes appropriate action to minimize the impact of deviations.
• Assists with resolution of any problems that may arise during project execution.
• Monitors the efficient use of materials and equipment and the contractual performance of the project; confers with project staff to ensure that assigned duties and responsibility are performed per agreed upon expectations.
• Manages financial aspects of contracts.
• Supervises and coordinates onsite activities and provides day-to-day direction of onsite staff.
• Ensures that quality, productivity and safety standards are being met.
• Provides technical assistance and makes recommendations.
• Monitors safety programs.
General/Other Responsibilities and Duties
• Represents the company in project meetings.
• Assists with preparation of written reports and/or updates (internal and external) for management, client, and project team, to ensure a clear understanding of project status.
• Hires, trains, and manages performance of staff.
• Administers financial tracking systems to monitor project costs and estimates.