| Director of Biomedical Engineering|
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
Here at WakeMed, the Director of Biomedical Engineering provides overall support and supervision of the medical technology management functions for the system and supervises technical staff that provides the calibration, repair and technical support for radiology, imaging, monitoring, diagnosis, and treatment equipment systems and networks. The Director assures compliance with documentation and record keeping for preventive maintenance, repair, alerts and department work activities. The Director serves as the manager of the EOC Medical Equipment Management Plan and facilitates compliance with JCAHO and similar standards. The Director also assures that equipment orders meet system standards, works with vendors and hospital departments to review bids for appropriateness of equipment. This position monitors recalls, alerts and safety concerns as they relate to the application medical equipment and systems. The Director reviews contracts for the support of equipment and vendor compliance system wide as well as functions as the system wide Laser Safety Officer.
- BS degree Engineering/Biomedical required.
- Master degree in Engineering/Biomedical preferred.
- Seven years’ experience managing a biomedical engineering department, with broad knowledge of biomedical equipment and systems. Familiar with JCAHO standards, technology assessment, support, and clinical application of biomedical systems. Familiar with the installation and support of PC and networked medical technologies.
- Certified Clinical Engineering (CCE) preferred, certified Bio-Medical Technology credential preferred.
- Full-Time, 40 per week
- Weekend requirements as needed
- Call requirements: as needed
WakeMed is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, which is ranked nationally as one of the top ten best places to live for quality of life, and is located just two hours from the beach or three from the mountains. The area has been named one of the fastest growing areas in the country and is located just minutes from the famous Research Triangle Park.
For more information and to apply, please visit us online at jobs.wakemed.org and reference job ID: 23230. EOE