Mikro Systems’ patented TOMO manufacturing platform allows us to create high performance products with reduced R&D time and improved manufacturing processes. Our partners include global high-technology manufacturing companies and government agencies.
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality Engineer who has strong skills and experience developing and maintaining quality systems in an industrial setting.
If you enjoy working in an exciting, dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented and innovative work environment; possess the desire to participate in the execution of our company’s innovation and commercialization process leveraging product development and innovative engineering disciplines; like to think outside the box, value hands-on learning, and have the qualifications listed below, this job may be a great fit for you.
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2015; development, deployment, operation, and auditing of all quality management system elements to conform to that standard;
- Using configuration management principles, practices and systems to manage requirement baselines, revisions, and changes;
- Developing plans for qualification of changes to products and processes, monitoring their execution, evaluating the results of verification and validation, and releasing changes for implementation, as appropriate;
- Preparing thorough and complete Quality Plans for new products and processes, analysis of deployment gaps, and management of gap fulfillment projects in parallel with design and development stages and goals (through manufacturing release);
- Understanding of probability theory, mature use of parametric and non-parametric tools for designing sampling plans, analysis of data, hypothesis testing, and use of significance, effect size, and other statistical inference criteria;
- Maturely using statistical control charts for investigating common and special causes, process stability assessment and assessment of capability and performance;
- Analyzing and qualifying measurement systems, including correctly customizing the standard methodology as needed for special cases, establishing data collection for gauge R&R studies, analyzing study results, identifying necessary actions;
- Communicating skillfully (written and verbal), to relate clearly, positively and effectively with both customers and colleagues;
- Computer skills including organizing large amounts of data in spreadsheets, use of statistical analysis software like Minitab or QI Macros word processing, working in an ERP environment, and ability to quickly learn documented application systems with minimal training;
- Knowledge and experience with general safety in manufacturing environments and use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be a “US person”. A citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident alien of the US, (a "Green Card" holder);
- Design and implement methods for quality planning, design and development support, and qualification of changes;
- Help develop the Quality organization to provide the bandwidth and capabilities needed by Mikro Systems now and in the future, by assisting with requirements planning, jobs design, hiring, coaching, and mentoring of Quality and non-Quality personnel;
- Drive correction of QMS non-conformities found in internal and external audits, and develop documents and forms to deploy for conformance with industry-specific quality standards (e.g., AS9100);
- Participate in internal QMS audits.
Bachelor’s degree in industrial or mechanical engineering, or current ASQ Quality Engineer certification with 2-year technical associate degree (or equivalent) preferred.
Molding and casting, tool and die making, or metal, ceramic or polymer fabrication and assembly manufacturing – any or all with high-precision dimensional requirements.
This is an exempt position with salary dependent upon experience. Mikro Systems offers a generous benefits package that includes leave time and medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability coverage.
Our recruiting process includes the performance of routine background and reference checks.
To apply for this position please go to our website:
Complete the application and attach your resume and cover letter. The resume and cover letter need to be combined into one document in order for our system to accept both.
Mikro Systems is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building and maintaining diversity in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.