Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
Reporting to the Chief Mechanical Engineer, the Assistant Chief Mechanical Engineer will provide technical and management assistance to the Chief Mechanical Engineer and guidance to staff as a recognized mechanical engineering expert. Responsibilities include managing mechanical engineering resources including the assignment of mechanical engineering staff and the hiring of supplemental staff and/or consultants to meet workload requirements; overseeing the mechanical Quality Control Program for in-house designs; managing the mechanical engineering Call-In Consultant agreements; representing the Chief Mechanical Engineer at meetings; and, when necessary, acting as Chief Mechanical Engineer when the Chief Mechanical Engineer is unavailable. The Assistant Chief Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for staff recruiting, hiring, training, salary administration, performance management, promotions, and the overall professional development and motivation of approximately 25 or more staff members.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
* Must possess a Professional Engineering License in New York and New Jersey or obtain the license within six months of appointment.
* A minimum of 15 years’ experience in progressively responsible positions in the field of Mechanical Engineering in the area of HVAC, Central Plant, Thermal Distribution System, Plumbing and Fire Protection, and Building Management System.
* Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills including experience making presentations in front of large client groups and upper management staff.
* Ability to demonstrate strong conceptualization, problem solving, and decision-making skills from experience in planning, directing, and managing both routine and large-scale transportation programs and projects.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
* Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
* Experience managing a large, full-service staff of at least 15 professionals engaged in all phases of Mechanical Engineering design for transportation facilities including staff training and implementing staff motivation.
* Experience in Vertical Transportation Systems design and their applications for transportation facilities including but not be limited to elevators, escalators, etc.
* Working knowledge of all codes, laws, national standards and guidelines applicable to the Mechanical Engineering design of public transportation facilities.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://panynj.contacthr.com/54798903.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: