Principle Engineer- Gas Pipeline Distribution
DTE Energy is hiring a Principle Engineer- Gas Pipeline Distribution for their Detroit, MI location. Relocation available.
The senior level engineer is responsible for planning and conducting intermediate to more complex engineering related activities requiring the use of creative techniques, as well as application of thorough knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practice in multiple areas. Incumbents have the authority to makes decisions on engineering problems and methods applicable to the resolution of important issues, which may be complex at times. Participates on and leads teams, as well as develops effective relationships with key decision makers, as needed.
- Applies strong knowledge and background of engineering and scientific principles and practices in a variety of assignments.
- Develops, coordinates, and directs critical projects or field engineering assignments that are large or complex.
- Leads or plays key role on process improvement teams.
- Initiates or performs engineering studies, proposing solutions or recommending alternatives.
- Develops presentations of engineering-related projects to stakeholders.
- Develops models and analyzes data to support improvement programs, techniques and solutions.
- Conducts studies and analyses to assist in the resolution of engineering-related issues; may assist with developing engineering standards and practices.
- Mentors and provides guidance/direction for less experienced engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Master's Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of job relevant experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications relevant for field.
- Experience in Synergi Gas hydraulic system modeling software preferred.
- Part 192 Gas Distribution Experience preferred.
- Natural gas Regulator and Overpressure Protection Engineering Design experience preferred.
- Natural gas Distribution System Planning Engineering experience preferred.
- Professional Engineer License preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Developed planning and continuous improvement skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Apply for Principle Engineer- Gas Pipeline Distribution
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly