Assistant Professor: Engineering Technology/Tenure Track
For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu
General Statement of Duties:
The Department of Engineering Technology at Fitchburg State University is seeking applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position with a focus in engineering building science, architectural design for human occupancy, the sustainable design of the built environment, and construction management. The successful candidate will be committed to student success through excellent teaching, research, mentoring, and program support. In addition, the candidate will have demonstrated the ability to work effectively with a diverse student body. Participation in curriculum development and program evaluation; academic advising; student recruitment; engagement in scholarly activities and other department initiatives is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching workload (24 semester hours of credit of instruction per school year), and preparation for classroom instruction
- Provide student assistance including academic advising
- Participate in curriculum review and development, program reviews, and student outcomes assessment
- Attend university functions, including commencement; convocation; and faculty, committee and departmental meetings
- Participate on university committees as assigned
- Participate in scheduled orientation and registration programs
- Mentor student organizations, clubs, and competition teams
- Participate in recruitment events
- Participate in the ABET accreditation process
- Continuing scholarship and professional activities, which may include contribution to the content of the discipline, participation in or contribution to professional organizations and societies, public service and contributions to the professional growth and development of the university community
- Opportunities to teach summer, winter term, online and undergraduate and graduate evening courses
- Other duties as assigned
- An earned Ph.D. degree in Engineering/ Construction Management/ Architecture or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Online course development and college teaching experience is desirable.
- Ability to integrate appropriate technology and software in teaching
- Experience developing curriculum and course material inclusive of underrepresented groups is preferred.
- Evidence of serving, and/or research related to diverse, multi-cultural populations is preferred
- Commitment to excellence in teaching, demonstrated teaching experience appropriate to the level of appointment, and evidence of scholarly/creative activity
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body
- Ability to perform research and publication that will engage undergraduate students
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have successful teaching experience in accredited program and industry experiences
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a check by the Criminal History Systems Board (CORI) as well as a completed background check satisfactory to the university.
- Ability to perform all duties with or without reasonable accommodations.