Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering, and environmental consulting firm is actively searching for a Project Engineer in our Colorado Springs office.
Responsible for providing engineering support by completing parts of engineering projects or the entirety of less complex projects that include the entitlement and design of land development projects. Discipline involves planning, designing and building a wide variety of infrastructure improvements. This includes waterlines, storm sewer conveyance and treatment facilities, sanitary sewer conveyance system and grading.
- Design land development projects for residential, commercial and municipal development.
- Have the ability to investigate criteria, prepare and process construction plans for approval within multiple jurisdictions.
- Prepare detailed grading, roadway, water, and sewer plans using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Complete hydrology and hydraulic analysis, drainage reports, and storm drain design including detention and water quality facilities.
- Prepare supporting calculations, construction specs, and permitting in various jurisdictions.
- Work within defined scope, schedule and budget parameters.
- Communicate as appropriate to project managers and project team concerning questions, concerns, progress and results.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and locations as necessary, both internal and external to Matrix.
- Assist with proposals and client management as necessary.
- Perform business development activities through maintenance of positive client relationships.
- Competency in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Ability to take direction and work independently as well as effectively collaborate with teams
- Good Verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from accredited program in civil engineering
- Minimum EI certificate, PE preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience
- Experience writing drainage reports and performing roadway and utility design in Civil 3D a plus
- Valid driver's license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.