Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Level Geotechnical Engineer to help grow our geotechnical engineering practice in the southern California area. This senior position will provide leadership, develop and maintain client relationships and assist in marketing/business development. You will contribute to innovative and challenging projects, including the financial and technical evaluation, design, permitting, and construction stages. In general, projects involve ground improvement techniques, geoenvironmental issues, geotechnical investigations and foundation design. The successful candidate will be expected to work on multiple projects concurrently to support and promote a diverse private and public sector client base.
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals and some of the task level or project management responsibilities will include:
- Business development and client interface; bringing in new clients and obtaining repeat business from existing clients, leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan
- Performing and managing geotechnical, geoenvironmental, and/or geological engineering field investigations and numerical analyses including drilling, instrumentation, and construction quality assurance
- Preparing and coordinating the integration of design calculations, drawings, technical specifications, construction cost estimates, reports, and permit applications
- Managing projects successfully to achieve goals for technical excellence, budget control, schedule compliance, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability
- Performing geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering analyses and report preparation
- Manage engineering geology and hydrogeologic analyses and reporting
- Oversee team providing remote sensing, subsurface exploration, laboratory testing, numerical modeling, instrument tasks; for risk assessments, site characterization, design, construction-phase observation and testing, and forensic phases
- Staff management and mentoring
- BS in civil engineering with an emphasis in geotechnical engineering
- Advanced degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. (preferred)
- A strong work ethic and least ten years of relevant prior experience, in a consulting setting.
- An outstanding track record for client management, business development, and technical leadership.
- Current marketplace visibility and existing client relationships.
- Current California P.E. registration and a current California G.E. registration
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, and excellent problem solving skills.
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, visit: www.leightongroup.com/careers/