Join our team at TowerPinkster and open a new door to an amazing career! TowerPinkster, a regional 150-person Architecture and Engineering Firm based in Michigan is looking for a talented Structural Engineer. The Firm is looking for a skilled professional Structural Engineer with five to ten years of professional experience for our Kalamazoo, Michigan office. This position is responsible for the structural analysis and design of buildings and assisting in preparation of structural engineering calculations and specifications. Must be able to develop drawings within a BIM Environment.
- The appropriately qualified candidate should be able to perform basic structural analysis and design on common structural materials and systems, including concrete, steel, light gauge steel, masonry, and timber.
- Coordination of design work with in-house staff professionals including Architects and other Engineering disciplines.
- Assist in preparing structural engineering related calculations, specifications, and develop drawings within a BIM environment.
- Act with integrity and trust
- Possess a commitment to excellence
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Work independently
- Problem solve through root cause and finding alternative solutions
- Understand and apply technical skills to the job effectively
- Express ideas and thoughts both verbally and in written form
- Complete communication, documentation, paperwork and drawings on time
- Sharpen and continuously improve technical skills
- Take responsibility for own actions and completion of tasks
- Respond to requests in a timely fashion
- Take responsibility for own actions
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering accredited program
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) Preferred
- Knowledge and experience in REVIT software, as well as standard structural engineering software (RISA 3D, RAM Structural System, RAM Elements, and similar programs).
- Five to ten years of professional experience, A/E industry preferred, with exposure to structural steel, concrete, timber, and masonry design and detailing.
- M.S. in Civil / Structural Engineering accredited program preferred
This position is located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. There will be occasional travel to Grand Rapids office.
What we offer
- National award-winning culture and a supportive work environment that empowers employees to stay healthy, fulfill their interests and passions, and balance work and life goals.
- Industry leading Total Compensation (Paid Overtime, Performance Bonuses, Profit Sharing)
- Work-Life Balance program providing six (6) additional holidays
- Paid Community Service Hours
- Annual Team Training, Professional Development
- The opportunity to reach your career goals with an award-winning firm
Apply for Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly