3 days left
- Organization Type
The City of Sun Prairie has an opening for a Transportation Coordinator in their Public Services Department. This position is responsible for professional work in the field of transportation planning requiring an understanding of planning principles and concepts. Requires the application of knowledge and skills in transportation planning to further the City’s transportation and transit-related objectives and other desirable public policy objectives. Start: $70,000.00/Yr. - $85,000.00/Yr. with excellent benefits, including WRS.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE WORK:
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of transportation planning is usually attained through a degree in urban planning, public administration, traffic engineering, or a related field from an accredited college/university, with at least five years’ experience in transportation planning or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Requires considerable knowledge of transportation planning, transit planning, planning for active transportation modes, and related procedures and techniques associated with transportation issues; knowledge of data collection and analysis as it pertains to transportation planning; skill in preparing graphics, maps, tables, and charts for plans and staff reports; strong writing and public speaking skills; and skill in working effectively with community groups, elected officials, developers, and other City staff.
- Ability to present results of research effectively in oral, written, and graphic form.
- Ability to work effectively with elected officials, appointed commissioners, citizen groups, developers, and the general public.
- Experience in the use of GIS software to create maps and complete miscellaneous transportation planning-related studies.
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Work is performed under general office conditions.
Please complete an application by August 29, 2021 online at www.cityofsunprairie.com/jobs (608) 825-1174. The City of Sun Prairie is committed to advancing equity, honoring our diverse identity, and creating an inclusive culture.
Apply for Transportation Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly