Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and performs project management of major transportation and utilities projects including design, right-of-way acquisition and construction.
- Prepares and manages preparation of complex plans and specifications requiring the application of advanced engineering knowledge.
- Ensures projects are in conformance with AASHTO and City standards.
- Prepares and implements schedules. Monitors project budgets and ensures expenditures remain within budget guidelines. Makes recommendations for process improvement. Provides status reports regarding development and forecasted completion of projects.
- Prepares and manages consultant agreements for various services including design, surveying, environmental, right-of-way acquisition, construction inspection and other project services.
- Coordinates and collaborates with internal and external customers including but not limited to accounting staff, planning and development staff, regulatory agencies, permitting and grant agencies, WSDOT and utility companies in the development of assigned projects.
- Prepares legal descriptions for rights-of-way, easements, annexations, LID’s, etc.
- Assists in preparation and maintenance of a pavement management program.
- Develops exhibits and schedules open houses to inform, receive feedback and educate the public on the plans and details of assigned projects.
- Prepares technical reports on engineering design decisions for assigned projects and activities.
- Oversees construction inspection and documentation of assigned projects.
- Develops, recommends, applies and implements policies and procedures to guide the operation of the department’s data management programs.
- Maintains current desk procedures and tasks to explain position responsibilities.
- Creates, updates and implements process improvement procedures, tasks, workflows and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Four years of relevant professional Civil Engineering experience including project design and construction management.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer.
- Must obtain registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in Washington State within one year of hire and maintain throughout employment.
City of Wenatchee Government
The City of Wenatchee is a full service City employing 180 employees. In addition to Public Works, other services provided include Police Department, Community Development, Executive Services, Finance, Information Systems and Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services. The City operates under a Strong Mayor form of government with seven council members serving at large. Active boards and commissions advise the City Council with governance.
The City of Wenatchee is home to 33,921 people with approximately 70,000 living in the greater Wenatchee urban area. Located in a beautiful valley at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers and on the east slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, the city enjoys wonderful abundant sunshine with four distinct seasons. The average rainfall is a mere 10 inches per year making the region a focal point of Washington State for outdoor recreation. Wenatchee is the largest city in rural North Central Washington and thus provides a small town atmosphere with big city amenities striking a great balance between rural and urban qualities of life. Furthermore, the city is only 30 minutes from the renowned resort towns of Leavenworth and Lake Chelan. For those desiring occasional amenities of major metropolitan areas, Seattle is a short scenic 3 hour drive or 30 minute flight away making Wenatchee very attractive to many people and families relocating from the Puget Sound area.
Find out more about the City at https://www.wenatcheewa.gov. Some of the tourism highlights of the region can be viewed at https://www.visitchelancounty.com/ and http://wenatchee.org/. Our historic downtown is a nationally recognized Main Street with an active downtown association https://wendowntown.org/.
Must see: “We are Wenatchee Part I”
How to Apply
Please go to www.wenatcheewa.gov and click on ‘Job Opportunities’ to view the full Job Description and download application materials. The following constitutes a complete application package:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Application for Employment
- Supplemental Application
Complete application packages may be emailed (HR@WenatcheeWa.Gov), faxed (509-888-3636), or mailed to: City of Wenatchee Human Resources Department, PO Box 519 Wenatchee, WA 98801-0519.
Initial Review Date: 3:00 P.M., Monday, September 20, 2021. Open until filled.