Project Manager Engineer Principal
This position will provide project management responsibilities for the Rethinking I-94 effort and other minor projects in the Metropolitan District. Much of the position will originally start out doing project management responsibilities for the Rethinking I-94 effort. The responsibilities of this position include the management of the quality of the products produced, organization of a project management team and providing leadership for the team to ensure the completion of the products or tasks, managing the communications specific to the project or task; including both internal communications and external communications, managing the risk associated with each project and coordination with the project team to minimize risk and/or manage the risk, management of the scope of the project and the process to change the scope, manage the process to resolve disputes, and manage the financial aspects of the projects or tasks. This position will be responsible for multiple projects at one time.
- Licensure as a professional engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) or ability to obtain licensure through Comity (Reciprocity). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
- Three (3) years of post-registration engineering experience (Engineer Senior level or equivalent) that demonstrates a thorough knowledge of principles and practices of Pre-design, Final Design, Planning, Traffic, State Aid and Construction.
- Experience developing and managing projects and staff sufficient to meet letting schedules of multiple projects.
- Knowledge of MnDOT standards and federal, state, and local laws, regulations, policies, and codes as they relate to transportation system planning, design, construction, maintenance, and operation.
- A valid Class D Driver’s License with no major traffic convictions in the past 5 years; OR 4 or more minor violations in the last 3 years; OR any combination of minor violations and at-fault accidents totaling 4 or more occurrences.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you meet the requirements listed above and wish to be considered for this vacancy you must provide examples of your experience as listed below. Please include this information at the end of your resume so that your resume and examples of experience are in one document.
To be considered further, please provide specific examples of your experience in the following four areas:
• Experience managing several projects simultaneously.
• Experience developing project schedules and using them as a management tool.
• Experience scoping projects and managing changes to a baselined scope.
• Experience managing workload of a project team and allocating resources.
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID ”47280” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – ASCE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.