Structural Design Engineer
4 days left
- Organization Type
About FINFROCK FINFROCK is Central Florida’s #1 Design-Builder. With in-house architects, engineers, manufacturing, and construction professionals all working together under one roof, we lower project costs, accelerate schedules, and greatly reduce a client’s overall building risk. For over 75 years, FINFROCK has served clients throughout Florida and nationally. Our award-winning track-record includes delivering buildings, structured parking, hotels, and mixed-use residential complexes as a complete, finished product—not just a series of services. The firm has designed, manufactured, and built hundreds of projects for leading organizations in the United States, is highly ranked among the top firms in the industry and is the recipient of multiple awards for design excellence.
A role at FINFROCK is an opportunity to be a part of something different. Every position within FINFROCK offers challenging opportunities, professional growth, and the excitement of seeing the results of your hard work being built before your eyes. Do innovation, collaboration, and the pursuit of knowledge drive you? As we continue to grow, we are always looking for hard working individuals to join our team. You may just be the person we need! We are currently seeking a Structural Design Engineer.
- Design and prepare detailed calculations of precast concrete framing system, components, and connections Checking drawings of precast members Design and detail repairs for nonconformance items Design of structural framing and foundation system Considers best economic solutions for designs Position requires frequent interaction and communication with other FINFROCK employees in the office, manufacturing plant and field sites Perform Construction Administration tasks, including:
- Reviewing shop drawings Responding to RFIs Inspection visits to field site Inspection visits to Manufacturing plant
- Must be able to handle stressful situations, multi-tasking, and working within reasonable time constraints to meet production schedules and budgets. Overtime (40+ hours) may be required as needed.
- Four-year degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Master’s Degree a plus Engineering Intern license Required; Professional Engineering license and/or the ability to get licensed in the State of Florida, preferred Knowledge of Overall structural system including:
- Concrete design and design of precast/prestressed concrete components Steel and connection design Structural Engineering and Analysis Software
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal formats of English at a professional business level required Strong interpersonal and management skills Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with Design team members Well organized and the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines Demonstrate the ability to lead other team members in a collaborative environment Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions quickly. Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction. Candidates not already residing in Central Florida must be willing to relocate
- 401K Plan – Very generous Employer Matching: for 20 out of the last 25 years, we have matched 100% of Employee contributions up to 15% of base salary so you can relax and retire one day.
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employee and contribution toward “family” coverage Life insurance Short-term and long-term disability insurance Generous paid time off program
Legal stuff Along with your resume, please include your salary requirements. Must have current authorization to work in the United States, no sponsorships available; Drug Free Work Place/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; Nicotine-Free Employer. No phone calls or recruiters please.