Director of Project Delivery
1 day left
- Organization Type
This recruitment will remain open until filled; however, candidates are encouraged to apply early in the process for optimal consideration. The first review of resumes will be on September 20, 2021.
Under the general direction of the Deputy Executive Director of Projects, the Director of Project Delivery will:
- Plan, organize, manage, and provide oversight of assigned staff and consultants in the delivery of capital projects;
- Manage the capital program and coordinate activities with other Alameda CTC staff, local agencies, and regional transportation and state agencies; manage assigned activities in coordination with other internal departments and outside agencies, including major interaction with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) District 4 staff;
- Project manage multifaceted and multi-disciplinary capital projects, programs, studies, and initiatives;
- Provide complex assistance to the executive team in various areas of expertise; and
- Perform related work as required.
Alameda County is the geographic center of the San Francisco Bay Area, located east of the San Francisco Bay, extending to Livermore in the East and from Albany in the North to Fremont in the South. Alameda County encompasses 813 square miles of land and has a population in excess of 1.6 million, making it the second most populated county in the Bay Area.
Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC) staff is a diverse and collaborative team of talented professionals who are passionate about improving mobility and access for Alameda County residents, businesses, and visitors. Together, we deliver excellence.
Alameda CTC is a joint powers authority that plans, funds and delivers transportation programs and projects that expand access and improve mobility in Alameda County. Alameda CTC was created by the merger of the Alameda County Congestion Management Agency and the Alameda County Transportation Improvement Authority in order to allow for better coordination of transportation planning and programming within the County, as well as position Alameda County jurisdictions and transit agencies to better compete for limited state and federal transportation dollars.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A broad depth of experience with a variety of transportation project types and thorough knowledge of the required tasks and deliverables associated with each project phase; specifically, knowledge of the project delivery process for both Caltrans and local agencies and project delivery issues; knowledge of the environmental process, design standards and practices, cost estimating, and construction management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of employee supervision, including work planning, assignments, review and evaluation, and the training of staff in work procedures.
- Knowledge of advanced principles and practices of civil engineering as applied to the design, cost estimating, construction, installation, and inspection of a wide variety of traffic and transportation systems, including multimodal corridor design and construction practices emphasizing bicycle, pedestrian and transit considerations.
- Knowledge of Caltrans Construction Manual, Standard Plans, and Standard Specifications and the ability to provide oversight of construction management teams working with Caltrans administered projects.
- Ability to communicate high-level engineering concepts regarding transportation projects and issues, and effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to elected officials and members of the public.
EXAMPLE OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assume full management responsibility for the Alameda CTC’s capital program, and daily activities of assigned area(s) in the Projects and Programming Department.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for the assigned functions.
- Select, train, motivate, and direct assigned staff; evaluate and review work for acceptability and conformance with standards; work with staff on performance issues; respond to staff questions and concerns.
- Manage and direct consultants providing program/project management services, including development of delivery strategies, contract management activities, and review of deliverables.
- Manage, create and participate in the development and administration of assigned budgets including project budgets for federal, state, regional and local funding; oversee the forecasting of project funding, staffing, equipment, materials, and supply needs; monitor and approve expenditures and make adjustments as necessary per agency requirements.
- Contribute to the overall quality of the assigned areas of responsibility by developing, reviewing, and implementing policies and procedures to meet legal requirements and Alameda CTC’s needs; continuously monitor and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures; assess and monitor distribution of work, support systems, and internal reporting relationships; identify opportunities for improvement and recommend to the Deputy Executive Director of Projects; direct the implementation of changes.
- Manage large, complex, and multi-disciplinary projects, programs, studies, and initiatives. Plan, direct, and oversee day-to-day work of staff and consultants, establish performance metrics and collect and analyze data, recommend and implement methods and procedures for meeting operating objectives, and maintain accountability for project completion and program performance.
- Direct, oversee, and conduct a variety of transportation engineering studies; develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures such as guidelines, design standards, and standard plans and specifications ensuring that construction, financial, regulatory, and legal requirements are met.
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations, and technology that may affect Alameda CTC and assigned programs, projects, and activities; implement policy and procedural changes as required.
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in civil or transportation engineering or a related engineering field.
- Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience in civil, traffic, and/or transportation engineering and related activities with emphasis on administering federal, state, regional, and/or local transportation programs.
- Two (2) years of lead or supervisory experience.
- Possess and maintain a valid certificate or registration as a Professional Civil Engineer or Transportation Engineer in the State of California.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The annual salary range is $176,655 to $229,652 depending on qualifications and experience.
Alameda County Transportation Commission offers a generous benefits package:
- Cafeteria Plan which employees can use to choose the following:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance; an
- Life, AD&D, and Long-term and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Retirement Program in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS):
- Classic Member (member of CalPERS prior to January 1, 2013) – 2.5% at age 55 (employee contributes 3%)
- New Member (under new PEPRA laws) – 2% at age 62 (employee contributes 6.75%, this amount is subject to change at the beginning of each fiscal year per CalPERS calculation
- Vacation Leave: Starts at 10 days per year and increases based on years of service.
- Sick Leave: Accrued at 1 day per month.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays, plus 2 floating holidays, per year.
- Other benefits, including transit subsidy, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, etc.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit the Alameda CTC website and download an application at: https://www.alamedactc.org/get-involved/careers-jobs/
Complete application packets must include a cover letter, resume, and application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. As an alternative, you can mail the completed application materials:
1111 Broadway, Suite 800
Oakland, CA 94607
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Alameda County Transportation Commission is an equal opportunity employer encouraging workforce diversity.
The information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract, and these provisions are subject to change.
Apply for Director of Project Delivery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly