Senior Track Engineer
Mead & Hunt, Inc., a nationally recognized professional services consulting firm, ranked #43 in 2020 ENR Transportation firms, has a position open for a senior Track Engineer to provide on-site project engineering and management for MDOT offices in Baltimore, Maryland. Responsibilities include performing engineering-related tasks including research, development, design and delivery on assigned project(s); managing and delivering quality transit/rail services on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client; serving as a technical resource leading a team providing rail track engineering and design services for clients; assisting with cost estimates, determining scopes of work, preparing proposals and contracts on projects; contributing to the preparation or modification of reports, plans and designs for projects; participating in the collection and analysis of data and preparation of satisfactory designs; performing design calculations and conduct investigative analyses toward completion of assigned design tasks, and direct preparation of design specifications; performing quantity estimates, detailing and check calculations and drawings; organizing scheduling of specific tasks and assignments; overseeing completeness and accuracy of project team’s work; mentoring and guiding project teams to overall project objectives; providing technical expertise to client on project aspects within the discipline. Some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will have all the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in civil engineering or related discipline
- at least eight years of relevant work experience
- PE license in any state with the ability to obtain in Maryland within six months
The ideal candidate will have any/all of the following:
- Experience in rail track design, management and implementation of transit/rail projects
- Experience working on large transit/rail engineering projects
- Design report, cost estimate and specifications
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary engineering environment
- project management experience
- experience mentoring staff
- Track design software, Microstation, AutoCad, Bluebeam, etc.
- 12+ years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with MTA, MDOT SHA, MDTA and other local agencies such as the City of Baltimore DOT
If you have strong communication and organizational skills, are self-motivated, and can work well both independently and as part of a team, complete the online application process for this job posting at www.meadhunt.com/careers OR submit your cover letter and resume to the address below. The deadline to apply for this position is Thursday, September 16, 2021. Interviews are awarded on our review of your ability to meet the qualifications in the paragraphs describing the “successful” candidate and “ideal” candidate, so be sure to explain where indicated in the online application (or in your COVER LETTER, not just in your resume, if you are applying by mail) how you meet each qualification listed in the paragraphs above. Mead & Hunt will not sponsor a visa (H-1B, etc.) for this position.
MEAD & HUNT, Inc.
Attn: Req. #2021-4101
2440 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.