Senior Civil Engineer
Have you been thinking about taking the next step in your career? Are you ready to be rewarded greatly for hard work and a job well done? MacKay & Somps is growing and looking to hire multiple Senior Civil Engineers to join our team in our Roseville location. If you have the skills and experience, and enjoy a work hard, play hard culture, apply today or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandatory Skills & Experience
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in California is mandatory.
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience in land development and public infrastructure design; California experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in large scale master planned land development, drainage and flood control, or municipal sewer and water system design.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited university is required.
- Strong technical abilities and an interest in a close knit, high energy office culture.
- Demonstrated expertise with civil engineering terms, methods, and principles.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D, and Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Demonstrated leadership expertise.
- Adeptness in storm drainage, flood control and water system design and analysis utilizing HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, XP-Storm, and WaterCAD Version 8i is extremely desirable.
The successful candidate will be a highly proficient project engineer with proven project management experience and will be an internally motivated person who thrives in a team oriented, client driven work environment. We value candidates who fit our culture of a strong work ethic and strong team camaraderie, both in and out of the office. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
About MacKay & Somps
Few engineering firms match our track record in CA. Founded in 1953, the firm helped drive the spectacular growth in Northern California after World War II and we continue that energy today. We are an industry leader in land development and public infrastructure planning/design, with offices in Pleasanton and Roseville, CA. Our multi-disciplinary teams provide services from entitlements through construction.
We are one of the largest and most successful privately held civil engineering firms in Northern California and consistently listed in the top 500 design firms in the US by the ENR as we successfully integrate engineering, planning, and surveying expertise to get projects built efficiently and cost effectively.
MacKay & Somps offers an excellent compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary, generous bonus structure, profit sharing trust/401(k) plan, and excellent medical and dental plans with a health savings account program. MacKay & Somps also offers life insurance, long-term disability, gym membership contribution, flexible work schedules and an active, high energy work environment with periodic company-sponsored Friday lunches and other social activities (compliant with COVID-19 safety protocols).
MacKay & Somps is an equal opportunity employer. MacKay & Somps does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, or terms or conditions of employment based on race, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, medical condition as defined under state law, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. MacKay & Somps also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals to assist in the hiring process and to qualified individuals to perform essential job functions, as required by federal, state, or local law.
MacKay & Somps’ goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of employees. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, competitive wages and benefits, and close attention to personnel matters.
If you are interested in applying to MacKay & Somps and need a reasonable accommodation to do so, or would like to apply to our company for general consideration in either location, please reach out to email@example.com.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly