Senior Consultant - Flood Specialist
TÜV SÜD GRC, a global leader in risk management consulting and loss control, has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant, Natural Hazards, based in the United States in a remote position.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conduct hydrologic and hydraulic analysis to determine site-specific hydrographs and flood hazards (flow depths, velocities, and scour for different return periods) for client facilities around the world.
- Conducts flood hazard (riverine, coastal, and other flooding) risk evaluations and loss control surveys and estimates for client facilities around the world.
- Evaluate existing facilities and flood defense systems for flood hazard risks and develop mitigation measures such as dry/wet floodproofing, berms/flood walls, detention basins, emergency response measures (bladders and other temporary flood barriers, sandbags, pumps and hoses, drain blocks, etc.), elevating key equipment and operations, flap gates, scour protection, etc.
- Conducts civil and structural plan reviews related to flood hazards, designs, and code compliance.
- Strong understanding of US Army Corps of Engineers, FEMA, construction, and USA building codes for civil and flood designs.
- Experience developing flood emergency response plans is a plus.
- Prepare reports using established formats.
- Participates in Account Service Teams.
- Assures adherence to service quality levels at all times.
- Meets client services time frames and established budgets.
- Participates in the development and presentation of selected proposals, reports, and client meetings.
- May support sales and marketing efforts directly under the supervision of Sales/Marketing staff.
This job may be for you if:
- A four-year college degree in civil engineering is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- 15 years minimum experience in civil engineering doing hydrologic and hydraulic engineering.
- Registered Profession Engineer in a USA state with moderate to high flood hazards.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and standards related to civil engineering, particularly ASCE and IBC. Knowledge of Eurocode and other international building codes is a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office, Bluebeam, and H&H programs such as USACE’s HEC-RAS, RAS Mapper, and HEC-HMS; CivilDesign; Flo-2D, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of scour evaluation in accordance with FHWA’s Hydraulic Engineering Circular No. 18 (HEC-18)
- Familiarity with the pros and cons of readily available digital terrain models for worldwide locations. Ability to manage the procurement of InSAR or LiDAR data and create site-specific terrain models a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of FEMA Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM). Familiarity with European flood maps is a plus.
- Familiarity with various State and County hydraulic design manuals.
- Familiarity with National Weather Service’s SLOSH model is a plus.
- Experience with Catastrophe modeling with RMS, AIR, and/or CoreLogic is a plus.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook and motivated attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- General home office equipment; telephone, personal computer, printer, copier, scanner, and other communication tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
TÜV SÜD GRC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, marital status, genetics, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status and those laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and Local governing bodies or agencies. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following: https://653988.extforms.netsuite.com/app/site/hosting/scriptlet.nl?script=70&deploy=1&compid=653988&h=6d5262aa43dfefb771d6&customerId=848956&token=27585917