Civil (Geotechnical) Engineer
7 days left
- Organization Type
The Eugene Water & Electric Board (EWEB) seeks an experienced civil engineer to provide support to EWEB's dam safety program. The ideal candidate for the position will have experience in Geotechnical/geological engineering, dam engineering safety or related areas of expertise.
The position will be filled at either associate, staff, or senior level depending on qualifications. On the supplemental questionnaire, please select which position you are applying for with your education, experience and licensure. The level of responsibility differs between staff and senior positions in assignment complexity, decision-making, and leadership. The following lists a few typical areas of the responsibilities.
- Performs engineering assessments, investigations, and analyses on reservoir embankments, canals, dam foundations, seepage, and other geotechnical related issues for EWEB’s hydroelectric projects.
- Reviews designs and specifications for dam modifications and safety improvements with regard to geotechnical engineering.
- Manages consultant contracts for engineering studies and evaluations. Prepares scopes and approaches to address engineering deficiencies in dam and reservoir operations. Coordinates with key stakeholders, consultants, and regulators.
- Conducts field inspections on embankments and structures as part of the Dam Safety Program team. Provides technical supports and dam safety trainings to field crews
- Writes and reviews inspection reports, engineering documents, and correspondence letters.
- Reviews, updates, or implements instrumentation programs for dam performance monitoring and warning systems. Reviews and updates dam safety surveillance and monitoring plans.
- Responds to dam emergencies and provides support in emergency preparedness and emergency action plans.
Apply for Civil (Geotechnical) Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly