Divis Consulting is a geologic and geotechnical consulting firm engaged in private residential, light commercial, affordable housing, and infrastructure projects.
This is a unique career opportunity to join an established, growing geotechnical firm in San Francisco.
Our services include subsurface investigations, geotechnical engineering, engineering geology, instrumentation, and construction observation services. Individuals should be prepared to work on projects varied in both scope and complexity. Our engineers are integral in supporting the business in both field and office duties. Day-to-day responsibilities are assigned to individuals based on immediate staffing needs, professional development, individual capabilities, and interest.
- Meet with potential clients and assist DC with business development.
- Prepare cost estimates and proposals for potential projects.
- Develop, execute, and/or supervise field investigations and laboratory testing programs.
- Perform engineering analyses to evaluate bearing capacity, settlement, lateral earth pressures, geologic hazards (including liquefaction and lateral spreading), slope stability, pavement design, and seismic design. Experience performing site-specific ground motion procedures is a plus.
- Provide site grading and ground modifications recommendations.
- Prepare written reports, technical memoranda, and plan review letters as needed.
- Manage geotechnical construction observation services, including consult with clients, design professionals, and contractors regarding potential construction issues.
Experience and Requirements
- BS degree in Civil Engineering.
- MS. in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering (with a focus on geotechnical engineering) preferred.
- E.I.T or P.E. in California; (GE a plus).
- 2 - 10 years of geotechnical engineering experience.
- Ability to interact with colleagues, clients, design professionals, and contractors.
- Must be able to take direction and work independently.
- Experience and familiarity with the local engineering practice.
- Experience with public schools or working on State and Federal contracts is a plus.
- Software knowledge of/or fluency in Slide, LPile, CLiq, MSOffice/365, and GSuite, AutoCAD, GINT, HoleBASE & EZ-FRISK, and Adobe Illustrator.
- Light travel to local job sites and occasional long distances.
- Must be able to actively investigate job sites, including crawling through tight spaces, traversing uneven/steep terrain, and lifting up to 40 pounds.
Apply for Geotechnical Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly