Right of Way Supervisor
$35.30 - $42.91 Hourly
$2,824.00 - $3,432.80 Biweekly
$6,118.67 - $7,437.73 Monthly
$73,424.00 - $89,252.80 Annually
09/14/21 11:59 PM
The County of El Dorado, Department of Transportation is responsible for funding, designing, building, operating, and maintaining the County Road System. El Dorado County's Road System currently consists of approximately 1083 centerline miles of paved roadway, 76 bridges, a multitude of storm drainage systems, and related transportation facilities.
You will have the opportunity to plan, organize and direct the activities of staff in the County's Right of Way Program. You will also be responsible for supervising assigned staff and directing the day to day activities for the program.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Develop work standards, participate with management staff in the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Interpret laws, regulations, policies and procedures related to property appraisal, negotiation, and acquisition for transportation related projects; reviews new legislation and regulatory requirements; make recommendations to management methods for ensuring that right of way projects are performed in accordance with such laws and regulations.
- Compile information for the Right of Way Program budget; research available program revenue and monitors expenditures.
- Participate in fee development to ensure full cost recovery through accurate estimates of acquisition costs.
- Ensure workload is effectively distributed to promote the effective operation of the unit. Assist management staff to develop methods to ensure delivery of projects within established schedules and to evaluate performance of the program against goals. Prepare and review documents for review and approval.
- Recommend settlement terms and courses of action to management; prepare Closed Session reports to County's legal counsel.
- Negotiate acquisition with the property owner; act as liaison between the property owner and County staff to ensure project completion according to the acquisition agreement; protect the interests of the County in all aspects of property acquisition.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education and Experience:
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in real estate, business administration, public administration or closely related field,
Two (2) years of experience at a level equivalent to the County's class of Associate Right of Way Agent,
Four (4) years of progressively responsible experience involving major phases of the acquisition of rights of way, which included property appraisal, property sales, right of way acquisition, title examination, and right of way analysis, WITH at least two years of such experience in a supervisory or lead capacity. Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis
Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license. Must possess a Real Estate Broker's license, Real Estate Sales License, Certified General Appraiser's license, Certification for Real Estate Appraisers as issued by the Office of Real Estate Appraisers, or a Senior Right of Way designation from the International Right of Way Association at the time of appointment.
- Administrative principles and practices including goal setting, implementation, evaluation, policy and procedure development, quality control, and budget development and administration.
- Supervisory principles and practices including work planning, evaluation, employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of right of way acquisition including real property appraisal, negotiation, acquisition, title and escrow activities.
- Applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes, regulations, policies and standards.
- Computer applications related to right of way work.
- Principles and practices of real estate, land title law, appraisal methods and theories, condemnation and landlord-tenant law.
- Basic engineering terminology and techniques.
- Record keeping and report preparation methods.
- Selecting, scheduling, motivating and evaluating staff and providing for their training and development.
- Performing complex, difficult and sensitive real property acquisition, management, transfer and disposal work.
- Organizing work, setting priorities and exercising independent judgment within policy guidelines.
- Preparing clear, concise and accurate reports, records and correspondence.
- Making effective public presentations of technical, complex, and often controversial information.
- Negotiating with property owners and parties of interest in property, and explaining policies, plans and interests affecting properties.
- Analyze, interpret, explain and apply complex technical policies, procedures, codes, statutes, descriptions and documents.
- Analyze complex technical and administrative problems, evaluate alternative solutions and recommend effective courses of action.
- Understand and interpret engineering plans, maps, survey and legal documents.
- Deal tactfully and effectively with the public, staff, consultants, and other agencies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Sera Salmanyan in Human Resources at email@example.com
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
Training and Experience Review (Weighted 100%): A training and experience review consists of candidates responding to supplemental questions on the job application. A subject matter expert will evaluate each candidate's responses based on predetermined criteria. The subject matter experts are not granted access to the candidate's application; therefore, responses to the supplemental questions should be thorough, detailed, and complete.
For more information on the recruitment process click here.
Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for Right of Way Supervisor. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future full time, part time and extra help vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) full-time vacancy in the Department of Transportation located in Placerville, CA.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to
marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport 129 miles to San Francisco
Here are a few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Local Shopping Gems
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS (TYPING "SEE RESUME" IN APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED):
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: Position #2106-4122 http://www.edcgov.us RIGHT OF WAY SUPERVISOR
330 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667 530-621-5565 firstname.lastname@example.org
Right of Way Supervisor Supplemental Questionnaire
- 1. Supplemental questions play an integral role in this recruitment process. Please take the time to provide thoughtful and thorough responses. The information you provide may be used to determine your ranking for referral to specific vacancies. All work experience that is described or included in your response(s) MUST be included in the "Work Experience" section of your application. Do not refer to a resume or other documentation.
I acknowledge receipt of this information
- 2. What is your highest level of education? Note: Transcripts MUST be attached to your application in order for education to be considered. Unofficial Transcripts are acceptable at this stage in the recruitment.
High School or GED
Associate's Degree Bachelor's Degree
PhD or MD
None of the above
- 3. Select the valid license or certificate you currently possess. A copy of the license or certificate MUST be attached to this application.
Real Estate Broker's license
Real Estate Sales license
General Appraiser's license
Certification for Real Estate Appraisers issued by the Office of Real Estate Appraisers
Senior Right of Way designation from the International Right of Way Association at time Of appointment
None Of the above
- 4. Briefly describe your background and experience as they relate specifically to local, county or state ROW transactions.
- 5. What experience do you have in understanding engineering plans and drawings, especially road construction and utility relocation?
- 6. please describe an instance where you had responsibility for planning a major Right Of Way project or study. Describe your role and the outcomes. Would you do anything differently?
- Required Question