Ada County Highway District is now accepting applications for a Design Engineer in the Design/Survey Department. This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting pay range of $58,739 - $70,470 per year, DOQ. SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, paid parental leave, 401K match and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Design Engineer will perform professional engineering work in the civil and hydraulics disciplines.
- Duties include: Plan and design reviews of District projects, perform investigation of maintenance drainage systems, prioritize and develop solutions to drainage and irrigation problems affecting District roadways, design of roadway/sidewalk/drainage projects.
- The successful candidate will be expected to work with a variety of internal and external District customers and provide professional responses to public comments, complaints, and referrals. The Design Engineer will also perform project management functions and oversight of engineering consultants to develop solutions to engineering problems affecting the District’s right-of-way.
- Must have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of the civil and hydraulic engineering field.
- Must have experience with surveying and construction design; street and road construction practices; drafting, design and engineering computer software; irrigation systems and their operation; and monitoring contracts and professional agreements.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an Idaho licensed Professional Engineer (PE) is highly desired. OR Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities are acceptable.
A completed application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m., September 20, 2021. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St, Garden City, ID or at www.achdidaho.org.
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations