Professional Engineer - City of Mpls Water
As the largest and most vibrant city in the state, Minneapolis depends on purposeful, dedicated and innovative employees. Minneapolis has a large variety of careers for people of all experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose--serving the residents, businesses and visitors of Minneapolis.
The City of Minneapolis has one (1) current opening in Public Works Water Treatment and Distribution
Water Treatment and Distribution:
In this position you will perform a variety of professional engineering work to support the water utility, with a focus on building structure restoration and new construction. The Water Division is responsible for providing high quality drinking water to about 500,000 people in Minneapolis and selected suburbs. The Water Division is also responsible for operating and maintaining a blend of historic structures and state of the art water treatment technology. The distribution system serves more than 100,000 customer connections with over 1,000 miles of pipe.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide Structural or Construction Engineering
- Provide project management and coordination for design, construction, and repair of water infrastructure projects
- Conduct and review engineering design work: prepare drawings, specifications, and contract documents to be used by bidders and construction contractors.
- Ensure that designs meet Federal, State and Local guidelines.
- Prepare requests for proposals and other contractual documents and assist in the hiring of contractors and engineering consultants.
- Oversee and manage the work of consultants and contractors on construction and reconstruction projects.
- Obtain appropriate approvals and permits necessary for projects/initiatives.
- Oversee and define priorities and protocols to guide projects to completion on schedule and within budget.
- Monitor the work of other agencies, jurisdictions, organizations and businesses on initiatives and projects.
- Coordinate with private utilities, local businesses and residents to ensure that infrastructures will meet their needs and negotiate and develop cooperative agreements and special revisions necessary.
- Supervise and manage the work of subordinates, consultants, and contractors engaged in a wide variety of projects and initiatives to ensure compliance with existing guidelines for construction and reconstruction projects.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of budgets.
- Work with other agencies, jurisdictions, organizations and businesses on projects and initiatives and obtain appropriate approvals and permits as necessary
- Participate in meetings as a technical representative of the City of Minneapolis.
- Perform research, prepare reports, give presentations, and write proposals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited engineering curriculum
Minimum Experience: Four years of engineering related experience
- As a condition of continued employment, registration as a Professional Engineer in the State of Minnesota is required within 6 months of hire.
- Possess and continue to maintain a valid driver's license.