Associate Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineer (Infrastructure Management)
East Bay Municipal Utility District’s (EBMUD’s) Design Division, part of the Engineering and Construction Department, is seeking an Associate Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineer who is motivated, energetic, a team player, a strong project manager, and experienced with working on civil infrastructure projects. Reporting to a Senior Engineer, Associate Engineer is the registered professional engineer level position on the EBMUD engineering career ladder.
The ideal candidate will manage engineering design projects for reservoirs, pumping plants, treatment plants, regulators, and rate control stations. The ideal candidate will also be prepared to:
• Manage multi-disciplinary design teams to develop water infrastructure improvement projects.
• Develop and track budgets, schedules, and the scopes of work for capital projects.
• Assist and guide project engineers in developing plans and specifications for contract documents.
• Manage consultants retained by EBMUD in the preparation of plans and specifications.
• Lead project status meetings and coordinate with EBMUD workgroups.
• Review and check engineering drawings, specifications, estimates, and reports for completeness, accuracy, and soundness of applied engineering principles and EBMUD standards.
• Prepare a variety of documents and materials, including technical reports, correspondence, and memos.
The most competitive candidates for the regular position in the Infrastructure Management Section will demonstrate proficiency in: project planning and management; developing engineering plans and specifications for contract bid documents for water facilities; construction and maintenance support; oral and written communication skills; and engineering analyses.
The salary range is $10,455 per month increasing to $10,978, $11,527, $12,103, and $12,708 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. A bachelor’s degree in an ABET-accredited civil, electrical, mechanical or environmental engineering curriculum OR a California EIT certificate;
2. Four years of professional civil, electrical and/or mechanical engineering experience (subsequent to obtaining the degree), which is equivalent to two years of experience at EBMUD’s Assistant Engineer level; AND
3. California registration as a Professional Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineer.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, September 24, 2021. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability