Senior Structural Engineer
Mead & Hunt, Inc., a nationally recognized professional services consulting firm, has a position open for a senior structural engineer. Responsibilities include leading the preparation of structural design for bridges, retaining walls, culverts, overhead signs, structure condition inspections, reports, studies, specifications; leading construction document preparation including stamping finalized plans for highway transportation structures; performing load ratings/analysis; mentoring junior staff; developing new business by identifying opportunities and prospect clients; and leading proposal preparation in pursuit of new work. This position has the opportunity to provide mentorship and guidance to team members and work with the department manager to assist in plan the strategic growth of the team. Some travel will be required.
The successful candidate will have all the following:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in civil or structural engineering
- At least eight years of relevant work experience
- A PE license in any state with ability to obtain in Maryland within six months of start date
The ideal candidate will have any/all of the following:
- Experience in technical proposal writing for transportation structures related pursuits and projects
- Experience leading structural engineering projects with:
- Maryland DOT SHA or MDTA
- MTA Office of Structures
- Other local agencies such as the City of Baltimore DOT, or Washington, DC
- 12+ years of experience
- Business development experience including preparing and leading winning technical proposals for major structures contracts with state and local government agencies
- Experience serving as a technical lead on structural design and bridge inspection projects
- Successful experience managing projects including timeliness, budget, and quality
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Structural analysis and design software experience (LARS, Merlin-Dash, STAAD, MicroStation, AutoCAD, Bluebeam)
- NBIS bridge inspection certifications
- Remedial engineering and new structures design project experience
If you have strong communication and organizational skills, are self-motivated, and can work well both independently and as part of a team, complete the online application process for this job posting at www.meadhunt.com/careers OR submit your cover letter and resume to the address below. The deadline to apply for this position is Wednesday, September 29, 2021. Interviews are awarded on our review of your ability to meet the qualifications in the paragraphs describing the “successful” candidate and “ideal” candidate, so be sure to explain where indicated in the online application (or in your COVER LETTER, not just in your resume, if you are applying by mail) how you meet each qualification listed in the paragraphs above. Mead & Hunt will not sponsor a visa (H-1B, etc.) for this position.
MEAD & HUNT, Inc.
Attn: Req. #2021-4107
2440 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.