Civil Design Engineer
The Civil Designer is responsible for working in a team environment in the preparation of site civil engineering construction documents. Tasks associated with this position include, but may not be limited to:
- Preparation of land development construction drawings/documents based upon client’s development goals under the supervision of the assigned PM. Construction documents may include aspects of roadway design, utility design, and site design.
- Assist in the preparation of zoning, preliminary, and concept land development plans.
- Perform site grading design and drafting to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes and drainage considerations.
- Perform soil erosion & sediment control design and drafting, including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Calculates quantities to be used in construction cost estimates.
- Research and understand standards/codes required by the client and jurisdictions through interaction with necessary personnel (PM, PE, etc.) to accurately and efficiently develop the above noted designs.
- Processing design plan documents through local, state, and federal approving agencies.
The Civil Designer completes tasks as assigned by the immediate Project Manager and/or other management staff. The Civil Designer reports directly to the Project Manager but may receive direction from the Assistant Project Manager or from other management staff.