Construction Project Manager 2
The Construction Project Manager II manages construction projects from design through construction including liaising between project managers, cross functional teams, external vendors and other stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of schedules, budgets and occupancy. Typical workload includes managing multiple large and small projects with multiple funding sources for major new developments, new buildings, additions and renovations of all levels of complexity. In addition, this position will directly manage complex design and construction contracts; prepare requisitions and purchase orders; approve project pay requests; manage architects, engineers and contractors for multiple simultaneous delivery of remodel, renovation and new construction projects; and assist lower level Construction Project Managers, procurement and administrative staff as needed.
- Manages and oversees multiple large and complex construction contracts with multiple funding sources; reviews plans and specs; negotiates various fee proposals; drafts and reviews requests for proposal (RFP) for outside professional services; develops and drafts bid packages and scopes of work or RFPs for projects.
- Creates Requisitions for Purchase Orders, monitors, and reconciles expenditures charged against existing construction contracts; drafts and presents various reports related to construction projects/expenditures; prepares monthly project reports for executive staff, the Legislature and other stakeholders.
- Develops, monitors, and updates project schedules for multiple construction activities; manages all projects using the Department Standard Works from beginning through close-out documentation; coordinates repairs during warranty period; conducts a 11-month post-construction warranty inspections. Manages all projects using the Department Procore software for Project Management, Core Tools, document filing and meeting minutes.
- Collaborates with other project managers to ensure project success; travel and inspect project sites for initial scoping and during the construction phase; lead Kick-Off, PreConstruction and construction related meetings; Use Procore software to track shop drawing, submittals, Applications for Payment, Invoices and correspondence from vendors, architects and contractors; lead the design and construction team.
- Ensure Department Standards of Work are utilized in the management of all vendors, architects, engineers and contractors to optimize the success of construction projects; execute the procurement of contracts, purchase orders and Job Order Contracts appropriate to project assignments.
- Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
- Commercial construction practices and techniques
- Construction Project management
- Personnel/HR laws and policies
- Computer software and application
- Typing Google or MS software
- Public purchasing and contracting
- Alternative construction project delivery methods including JOC and Public Bid
- Construction plans and specifications
- National and local building codes
- Experience in the US construction industry
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously
- Scheduling design and construction projects
- Project budget creation and controls
- Experience interpreting construction documents and specifications
- Excellent typing and computer experience
- Negotiate complex construction contracts and changes
- Regularly travel to job sites to inspect and evaluate construction progress
- Effectively communicate with a wide variety of individuals
- Work independently and as a contributing team member
- Manage multiple large and small projects simultaneously
- Adapt to changing Department priorities
- Learn new Standards of Work and software programs.
Bachelor's Degree in either construction, architecture, engineering, or any closely related field and 3 years of construction project management experience; 5 years of construction project management experience in lieu of a degree.
- Background and reference check, including fingerprint check
- Requires possession of and the ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driving training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- Sick leave
- Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
- Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
- Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shelia Wiggins-Wayne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-645-2290 for assistance.