Construction Project Manager
Job Summary This position will assist with the planning, management and oversight of a variety of projects associated with water/wastewater system improvements, transportation infrastructure, and City facilities. The incumbent will work closely with the City Planning and Development department to ensure development in the City is functional and sustainable.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Acts as project manager for assigned on infrastructure projects of a routine to moderately complex nature, providing technical input and reviewing project plans and specifications as they relate to existing system facilities and infrastructure improvements.
• Reviews plats, site plans, construction plans, and design reports submitted by the developer's engineers for conformance to City standards and specifications, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted construction principles.
• Updates design criteria, standard details, and technical specifications based on feedback from engineers and field staff.
• Answers questions and provides information to city staff, private contractors and developers, and the general public; responds to and resolves sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints; provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
• Attends City Commission and Planning Commission meetings to answer questions and advocate for projects.
• Develops requests for statements of interest and requests for proposals for projects.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Busniess Administration, Public Administration, Construction Management, Construction Science or closely related field required. Five (5) years of relevant experience in construction and/or project management, performing both project management and direct field supervision. Preferred certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Construction Manager as issued by CMAA. The successful candidate must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid driver's license and pass City background, physical, and drug screens.
Work requires occasional contact with dust, noise, poor lighting, hot and cold temperatures, all types of weather conditions; exposure to hazards. Use of and care of proper safety equipment and procedures to prevent injury.
Duties require employee to perform light physical work, lifting up to 25 pounds and lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds; a multitude of movements involving standing, lifting, stacking, walking, pushing and pulling.
Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance: Various dependent on coverage levels available; FREE Well Care Clinic through LMH; free/discounted gym memberships, other wellness benefits/perks
Paid Time Off: 12 Vacation days, 12 Sick days accrued per year; 2 days Personal Leave, 9 Paid Holidays
Retirement: Kansas Public Employees Retirement System (KPERS)