Construction Engineering & Inspection (CEI) Project Engineer
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (Wood) is seeking a Construction Engineering & Inspection (CEI) Project Manager for the Abingdon, VA location. Time will be spent managing projects to ensure that construction inspection, documentation and materials testing on projects are completed correctly and in accordance with applicable standards and specifications.
The project manager will serve as a point of contact with the client to ensure that each project is executed efficiently and effectively. In addition, they will support in assigning inspectors and field technicians to projects, assuring that all are properly trained and equipped and have necessary certifications to perform inspection on construction projects; assists with investigating issues that arise on projects, gathering and analyzing data to develop recommendations; performs routine construction project inspections to monitor quality of service.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Registration as Professional Engineer in primary state of responsibility is desired
- Experience and demonstrated ability working within established standards, policies and procedures of appropriate State Transportation agencies is desired
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Staff management and leadership ability
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment and initiative
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- May occasionally require work at remote sites around construction equipment, drilling rigs, and environmental contamination
- Overtime and overnight stays may be required
- Some fieldwork may occasionally require working with hazardous materials and in hazardous conditions
- Worker would not typically be substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
- Will be required to follow all applicable health and safety procedures associated with work environment
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.