BPA is seeking a Roadway/Highway/Transportation Engineer for our Atlanta office with a comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application as it relates to transportation engineering. This position may also require work on project sites including investigation of existing conditions: traffic counts, field measurements, photographs, and field sketches, as well as field visits during construction to monitor progress, investigation of changed field conditions, and necessary performance of measurements for contract plan changes.
• Coordinating with other disciplines to include bridge, environmental, survey, and traffic.
• Demonstrating time management skills.
• Maintaining effective communication with project team members and with the customer
• Participating in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Serve as a project manager, deputy project manager or task lead for major highway design projects.
• Attending and participating in client meetings, team meetings and collaborating with multidisciplinary teams
• Performing all aspects of engineering and design, including construction document preparation. Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacies on completion. Will provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
• Performing quality control.
• Performing design calculations.
• Performing drainage and MS4 design.
• Reporting to project manager.
• Proposal preparation.
• Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• 5+ years of experience required
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering required
• Georgia PE registration is required or ability to acquire within 12 months of employment
• Previous design project management experience required
• Extensive GDOT plan development experience
• Proficiency with Bentley InRoads, MicroStation, and Microsoft Office required
• Working knowledge of Bentley OpenRoads Designer a plus
• Ability to work in team environment
• Health benefits, 401k, and vacation
• Salary is commensurate with experience.
• Positive working environment that values the work/life balance.
Apply for Civil Engineer-Roadway/Highway
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly