Project Structural Engineer (Underground)
McMillen Jacobs Associates has an immediate opening for a Project Structural Engineer to join our Nashville, Tennessee team. This position focuses primarily on delivering tunnel, underground, and water infrastructure projects. We are seeking a Structural Engineer with 5+ years of experience to work with our team on a wide range of projects.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in the design of the challenging heavy civil projects located in Tennessee, the Eastern United States, and across the country. Additionally, this position offers a great opportunity for a motivated, detail oriented, team-centric Engineer to work on anything from small, local jobs to large scale transit, rail, highway, water, and wastewater projects.
Candidates should have a passion for taking on new and challenging tasks and have a solid understanding of engineering principals. Previous underground experience is preferred, but not required. A master's degree in structural engineering is also preferred.
- Structural design and reporting (engineering, data analysis, calculation reports)
- Coordinate between multiple disciplines to ensure a fully integrated design.
- Manage the design process and provide support to project managers and design engineers.
- Track design progress versus timelines and budgets.
- Direct the Design Technology Specialists and other members of the drawing production team on the proper depiction of designs in plan, section, and detail.
- Participate in the QA/QC process for all completed design work prior to submittal to the client
- Review contractor submittals
- Work on a variety of office and field assignments, with a focus on structural engineering analyses, development of drawings, specifications, calculations, and technical memoranda that present the basis of design.
- Five to ten years of design experience in structural engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- Proficiency with AutoDesk products including the use of Revit, Navisworks, and AutoCAD.
- Strong personal organizational, technical writing, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
ABOUT MCMILLEN JACOBS ASSOCIATES
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a multi-disciplined firm, with self-performing design-build capability. We are experts in underground/tunneling and water resources projects and deploy this expertise to serve water, dams, energy, wastewater, transportation, aquaculture, federal, private, and regulatory clients using a wide range of delivery methods. For 75 years we have worked closely with our clients at every stage of a project assisting them with planning, permits, designs, project management, construction, and start-up.
We want our employees to make a career doing what they love to do. We encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and help our team members forge their own path within the company. We support their efforts to stay on the cutting edge of technology while fostering a great work-life balance. In addition to working hard, we also have fun. We socialize and celebrate achievements at summer picnics, holiday parties, and company outings.
Benefits: Full Benefits Program consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, FSA, EAP, 401(k), ESOP, and stock program, 9 Paid Holidays, PTO, and Wellness Reimbursement
Pay Rate: DOE
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
No Recruiters, Please.
Apply for Project Structural Engineer (Underground)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly