Electrical and I&C Engineer
Wood Environment & Infrastructure’s Phoenix, AZ team has an immediate opening for an Electrical and I&C Engineer to support primarily mechanical facilities upgrade projects for our clients in the water treatment, commercial, municipal and educational sectors. The engineer will also support the needs for this discipline related to other sector projects as the need arises.
- Development of all types of electrical design documents such as: design drawings, technical specifications and design basis calculations with a high level of competence and minimal oversight.
- Work efficiently to assure that project schedules and budgets are met.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines to assure fully coordinated final designs meet the project scope.
- Ensure compliance of all designs are in accordance with all applicable industry codes and regulations.
- Perform quality reviews for detailed engineering documents and technical specifications.
- Mentor junior engineers and design personnel in technical excellence and career growth.
- Prepare material / equipment specifications and purchase requisitions; review supplier data; witness factory tests (if needed), assist with assessing supplier manufacturing capabilities.
- Responsible for the review of electrical, instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, detailers / designers.
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and equipment package specifications.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines in order to develop project budgets, prepare scoping documents, design criteria and list of project deliverables.
- Promote engineering professionalism and standards.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (or related field) from ABET accredited program.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Arizona, or the ability to secure this registration within twelve (12) months of hire, is preferred.
- 8 + years of relevant experience
- An up to date NCEES record is desirable.
- Experience with electrical system analysis programs (SKM, ETAP, Easy Power, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Design - Build project execution experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of applicable design standards governing corresponding design work, such as API, NFPA, ISA, PIP, IEC, IEEE, ISO, NACE, NESC.
- Experience with commercial, municipal and educational facilities projects is desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication and people management skills.
- Excellent computer skills such as MS Word, Excel and Projects.
- AutoCAD, Revit, or other design program competence is highly desired.
- Maintain and update personal knowledge of current industry trends and technology.
- Preference to candidates with experience in the 8+ years of electrical and I&C design engineering experience.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary.
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non - exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.