Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Wood seeks a Senior Fire Protection Engineer for our San Diego office. The candidate should be self-motivated, with excellent communication skills, possessing a skill set of Fire Protection design, and project management experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in engineering support and design of fire suppression, alarm and notification, passive fire protection, and life safety including code consulting, fire risk analysis, condition assessment, adequacy assessment, maintenance evaluation, systems design, bid period services and evaluation, commissioning and construction supervision. Experience with DOD clients and business development is a plus.
Position is located in the San Diego Office, but there is potential opportunity for remote working.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to junior staff
- Lead field teams during site data collection and inspections visits
- Data collection, coordination, analyses, report generation, and design development
- Effective communication with staff, and wood leadership
- Provide senior technical review and direction on projects
- Coordination with other Wood offices
- Manage execution of quality deliverables
- Travel up to 30%
Skills / Qualifications
- BS / MS in Fire Protection Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer registration or ability to obtain registration
- Excellent communication skills and leadership
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office applications and ability to review AutoCAD
- Minimum 6 years professional experience
- Ability to obtain security clearance
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 30%)
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.