Senior Civil Engineer/Project Manager
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure has a career opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer with our Phoenix Design Team.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employees by promoting work / life balance, personal wellbeing and career path development?
This position offers the opportunity to work with an experienced, fun, inclusive, and diverse team of engineers. Our client base includes a variety of governmental agencies such as US Air Force, US Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service, and a multitude of state and local entities. We also service nationally recognized industrial / commercial clients. In addition to a diverse client base, the position will support a variety of project types including transportation, mining, land development, water / wastewater, and environmental.
We are looking for a project manager who is an energetic, self - motivated, enjoys working with multidisciplinary design teams, and has a desire to foster and develop new client relationships. Candidate must have proven experience in engineering design as well as construction document preparation. Our ideal candidate has existing working relationships / contacts with governmental agencies, architectural and land development firms, as well as local commercial / industrial clients.
This position has room for growth to support a larger network of multidisciplinary design teams throughout the company. The desire / ability to manage multidisciplinary design teams is also an opportunity to advance.
- Support (and potentially manage) multidisciplinary engineering design teams
- Develop business and manage / deliver projects in a team environment
- Prepare design drawings and specification production for site / civil work including grading and earthwork, storm drain systems, sanitary sewer systems, water systems, utility coordination, access roads, site permitting, and other site related tasks
- Prepare design calculations, quantity take - offs, and construction cost estimates
- Mentor and supervise junior staff
- Develop and foster new and existing client relationships
- If Tucson based, must be willing to travel to Phoenix periodically to meet with Phoenix team
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- 10 + years of relevant experience
- Arizona PE license (UT, MT, CO, NV and / or NM are also beneficial)
- Experience with AutoCAD design software, particularly Civil 3D platform
- Proven ability to develop manage / deliver projects in a team environment
- Effective business development skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem - solving skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non - exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.