Assistant or Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
7 days left
- Organization Type
William Jewell College invites applications for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Civil Engineering. This is a full-time, tenure-track position beginning in August 2022 with the possibility of starting in January 2022, with rank depending on qualifications. A Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or a closely related field is required with the ideal candidate qualified to teach courses in geotechnical, transportation, or water resource engineering. The Civil Engineering program graduated its first class of students in 2020 and is currently seeking initial accreditation through ABET, Inc. The successful applicant will have a passion for undergraduate engineering education, assist in program development (course and curriculum development and program assessment), and engage with undergraduate students in scholarly activity such as research or industrial and community partnerships. Preference will be given to applicants with strong leadership skills, the ability to teach a range of undergraduate civil engineering courses, and the desire to integrate fully in a critical thinking college.
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering or closely related field is required
- Ability to teach across the undergraduate civil engineering curriculum
- Ability to engage undergraduate students in research and scholarly activity
- Ability to develop courses, curriculum, and assess and evaluate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching up to 24 contact hours per year with course reduction for the first year, as appropriate
- Development of curriculum and assessment tools
- Develop a program of scholarly activity with undergraduates
- Service to the College and community including academic advising and involvement in College and departmental committees and activities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job.
Candidates must submit the following documents through the posting link.
- Letter of application that addresses the job qualifications, a response to the College mission, and a statement of how you would contribute to inclusivity and diversity on campus
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy, including commentary on essential elements of a strong civil engineering program at a liberal arts college
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including a professional teaching evaluation, if applicable
- Statement of research plan including how you would involve undergraduates in scholarly activity
- Undergraduate and Graduate Transcripts (copies are acceptable until finalists are selected)
- Three letters of recommendation will be requested for finalists
Applicants, who need accommodation for the application or interview process, please make accommodation requests in advance to the Office of Human Resources.
William Jewell College
Office of Human Resources
500 College Hill Box 1017
Liberty, MO 6406
Review of applications will begin October 15, 2021 and continue until position is filled.
All Final Candidates will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment.
Our Mission: We educate our community to ask reflective questions, apply critical thought and act with purpose.
We flourish by valuing: Authentic Engagement, Courageous Citizenship, Creative Expression, Inclusive Communities, Innovative Thought, and Spiritual Exploration
William Jewell College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.