Civil Engineer (E3) – Berkeley
Civil Engineer (E3) – Berkeley
We are excited to share that TranSystems has been recognized as a top 100 design firm by Engineering News-Record in 2021. For more than 50 years, TranSystems has committed to a mission of performing engineering and architectural planning, design, and construction solution services in a manner that is both safe and in compliance with all applicable regulatory and client requirements. At TranSystems, we have established and continue to nurture a culture that is committed to providing quality services for our clients. We’re looking for top talent to grow with our firm.
What you'll be challenged to do:
TranSystems Corporation is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our growing engineering department.
•Preparation of conceptual design and construction documents using Microstation/Geopak/OpenRoads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D, preparation of investigative design reports and studies,
•Project coordination with in-house engineering and architects and outside consultants.
•Supervise the work of junior staff as well as maintain a hands-on role in the production of deliverables.
•Working under the general supervision of the team leader, he or she will direct, coordinate, and exercise functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
What you bring to our firm:
- The ideal candidate will be a licensed engineer with at least 10 years of professional experience on a diverse range of transportation-related projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering required.
- Minimum 1-5 years civil engineering design experience.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, and various engineering software systems
- AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hand and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone keyboard, reach with hands and arms, and drive a car. The employee is required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80-90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to work in a variety of climates (hot, cold) and inclement weather.
What we’d prefer for you to bring to our firm:
- The preferred candidate must possess strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to lead and manage technical work and multidisciplinary projects.
- Licensed Engineer with 10 -15 years of professional experience on a diverse range of transportation-related projects.
- Civil 3D and GeoPak/InRoads
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to lead and manage technical work and multidisciplinary projects.
- Strong work ethic and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced setting.
TranSystems is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, disability, protected Veteran status or any other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).