Construction Control Inspector
Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has Construction Control Inspector positions available in the newly created Regional Project Offices (RPOs) in the Western Federal Lands Highway Division (WFLHD). Projects occur primarily on Federal Lands managed by other Federal agencies (e.g., National Park Service & U.S. Forest Service) & include multi-state areas.
This establishes an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacant positions throughout the open period of the announcement.
To learn more about this position and others, please visit the upcoming FHWA Federal Lands Highway Division virtual job fair on November 4, 2021 at 2pm EST. Registration is required. Please visit www.careereco.com/events/FHWA for more information.
Additional job opportunities are available at: https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?a=TD04&hp=public&p=1
As a Construction Control Inspector at the mid-level, you will:
- Assist in the administration of construction contract(s) by providing staff leadership and contractor direction, monitoring construction activity, and control in such a manner as to ensure that Division projects are constructed in compliance with plans and specifications, and otherwise reflect the intent of the design and serve the needs of the client agency and the public.
- Assist in the enforcement of established construction specification requirements; determine the necessity for issuance of contract administration correspondence and contract modifications to the contractor in accordance with established policies and procedures. Recommend changes in design, specifications and schedules to the Construction Operations Engineer (COE), as appropriate, to meet field conditions.
- Provide construction management control and surveillance of the work being performed by the contractor. Identify anticipated problems and takes appropriate and timely corrective action.
- Assist with maintaining/monitoring fiscal control relative to the execution of the construction contract. Draft contract modifications for review by the COE.
- Assist with the day-to-day project activity coordination with the client or cooperating agency representatives, other federal officials, state and county units, and local groups to resolve issues and problems that may arise.
- Determine the acceptability of completed work by the contractor. Assure safety measures used by the contractor are appropriate for the work performed. Assure safe and adequate public travel through construction zones.
The ideal candidate is a construction manager or inspector with experience independently and effectively serving as a contracting officers representative on a variety of construction projects. Primary duties include ensuring compliance with contract specifications, providing technical direction and guidance, and delivering contract administration services and support.
WFLHD’s construction group provides comprehensive contract management support for transportation projects. Their technical expertise coupled with extensive contract administration knowledge ensures projects are constructed according to the terms of the contract. During construction, they serve as the key point of contact for the project owner, contractor and stakeholders, and maintain proactive communication with all parties. Our team brings the leadership necessary to work effectively with contractors, and manage budget and schedules in the often-changing construction phase. Our customer satisfaction rating is higher than 90%.
Our construction expertise includes:
- Civil and structural engineering
- Context-sensitive design principles
- Schedule and budget management
- Onsite inspection oversight
- Contract modification management
- Public and stakeholder information and communication
- Safety regulation enforcement
- Material testing
- Traffic control
- Analysis of complex design and construction documents
- Project development support including: constructability reviews; construction engineering cost estimates; and input during field reviews
75% or less - Work will be performed in various project locations and field inspection work is accomplished at the construction sites.
FOR ADDITIONAL JOB OPPORTUNITIES: Please visit https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?a=TD04&hp=public&p=1