Capital Project Engineer
The City of Bothell is looking for two effective, organized, and team oriented professional engineers to manage capital projects from design through construction and play a major role in the development of a thriving, diverse community.
What will this person do?
- Manage the design of public works capital projects by working and collaborating with private consultants
- Lead right-of-way acquisition efforts
- Manage construction projects including the development and negotiation of contracts
- Ensure that all aspects of multiple projects are on time and within budget
- Review and facilitate the review of engineering design and analysis
What does this person need to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related field
- 2 years of civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) license or at least have the qualifications necessary to earn PE in Washington State
- Strong utility (water, sewer, and/or storm water) experience.is a plus
- Quality focused and accountable
- Attentive active listening skills and an ability to communicate complex details plainly
- Ability to maintain perspective and remain objective when assessing information
We are committed to being a safe, equitable, and inclusive workplace and community.
The City of Bothell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek to recruit and hire talented and engaged job candidates from a widely diverse range of backgrounds and ethnicities. We celebrate the diversity in our workplace and community and believe it makes us stronger.
Bothell offers a career-enriching opportunity to apply your skills and experience in a way that has a positive effect on the community. We encourage professional growth and for employees to “think outside the box”. We value work-life balance. With an average work week of 40 hours worked between Monday and Friday, you will be able to enjoy weekends. As an employee, you have access to a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision for you and your family. We also offer life and disability insurance, state pension membership and deferred compensation for retirement. Commute trip reduction and remote work benefits are available. We encourage and incentivize participation in an employee wellness program.