Assistant District Engineer, Program Delivery
As the Assistant District Engineer for Project Delivery, you will provide overall engineering leadership for MnDOT's District 7, headquartered out of Mankato, MN. You will provide leadership to planning, project management, design, hydraulics, materials, and traffic, and will be seen as a leader responsible for integrating the operations of these functions with other cities, counties, and municipalities in the region. Your duties will include:
- Management and oversight of the district construction project budget and the program delivery operating budget
- Leading the establishment of district engineering short and long range goals
- Providing Engineering and Management oversight to planning, materials, project management, design, hydraulics and consultant agreements and traffic to ensure that projects are well-planned, properly design, and completed in a timely manner
- Serving as a liaison between MnDOT and the public to promote a positive image of MnDOT, and keep stakeholders apprised of construction programs
In addition, this position is accountable for human, fiscal and all other resources needed to deliver the program in a manner that addresses the needs of our customers. This position also manages and integrates the Division’s resources and pre-construction program as a member of the ADE Management Team.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Vision Insurance available
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Parental leave
- Short & long-term disability available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
We are driven to find talented, innovative employees for Minnesota’s nationally recognized transportation system. We work to build the best team in the transportation industry to ensure that Minnesota thrives with a safe, sustainable and leading-edge transportation system. You will be surrounded by a diverse community of experts, each driven by challenging work and motivated by the greater good. You will understand the impact of the work you are doing and be able to see the benefit you are providing to the citizens of Minnesota. You can set your sights high and use your strengths to grow within the organization. MnDOT offers superior health and retirement benefits as well as a solid commitment to work-life balance, which provides you the tools to thrive both at work and outside of work.
To qualify, Engineer Senior Administrative applicants must meet all the following:
- Licensure as a professional Civil Engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID). (If obtaining licensure through Comity, a temporary permit from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
- Five (5) years of professional post-registration engineering experience of which at least three (3) years must be at the Engineer Principal level or higher (e.g., qualifying Engineer Principal experience includes management of high level, complex projects, or programs, including supervision of other engineers.)
If you meet these requirements, please provide a written summary of your knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Leadership: considerable leadership skills and experience to successfully lead and manage agency initiatives, develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex issues, and lead and motivate others who do not report directly in developing and completing projects/programs.
- Fiscal: strong fiscal management experience with large, complex budgets including allocating resources.
- Technical: extensive knowledge of engineering principles in an engineering organization, Minnesota’s construction industry, current transportation industry technology, and MnDOT’s organization, policies, and programs.
- Communications/Human Relations: excellent oral and written skills to successfully interact and create strong relations with management, external stakeholders, and MnDOT staff and a high level of negotiation and conflict management skills.
APPLY ONLINE BY 10/11/2021:
- Go to https://www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “49109” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – SWE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.
Apply for Assistant District Engineer, Program Delivery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly