Assistant Plans Engineer
This position will facilitate the use of Federal-aid funds by Local Public Agencies or other approved entities. You will ensure that construction plans submitted by Local Public Agencies for Federal Aid funding conform to Federal and State regulations, design standards and practices, and that only eligible items are designated for Federal Aid funding, and State Aid funding if appropriate. You will also coordinate federal fiscal year end project status for project authorization.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- 13 paid sick days per year
- Vision Insurance available
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Paid Parental leave
- Short & long-term disability available
- Training opportunities
- And more!
Please Note: This vacancy is being announced at two different job classes at the same time: Engineer Senior and Engineer 2 Graduate. The final class and starting salary are dependent on the successful applicant’s qualifications.
Licensure as a professional civil engineer with the Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) or ability to obtain licensure through reciprocity. (If obtaining licensure through reciprocity, a practice pending letter from AELSLAGID must be provided to MnDOT HR prior to starting employment.)
Engineer 2 Graduate
A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university AND two years post-graduation civil engineering work; OR a Master’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university or equivalent AND one-year post-graduation civil engineering work AND A passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam
Required skills in addition to the above listed qualifications:
- Knowledge and application of civil engineering principles and standards
- Knowledge of construction plan preparation and interpretation
- Ability to manage programs and projects
- Knowledge of environmental requirements, appropriate Federal regulations and AASHTO guidelines
- Knowledge of financial and cost estimations for bid proposals
APPLY ONLINE BY 11/8/2021:
- Go to https://www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “External Applicants”.
- On the Job Search, enter the Job Opening ID “49537” in the Keywords search box and click Search.
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting.
- Click Apply.
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – ASCE.
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.