This position involves infrastructure/utilities and civil engineering construction work including the planning, design, construction inspection, and maintenance of a variety of municipal or public works projects and facilities. This position performs highly responsible work relating to the City’s project management functions. This involves advanced professional and administrative work related to the management of capital/construction/process implementation projects for the City. The incumbent will be under the general direction of the Public Services (PS) Deputy Director and Director and work closely with the Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and Grants Administrator. The incumbent will be called upon to fulfill part of the CIP and Grants Administrator’s role in his/her absence. At times the incumbent may be called upon to assist with projects not directly involving right-of-way, utilities, or civil engineering. This will include, but not be limited to areas such as facilities and landscaping. The position will be expected to perform other duties as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes proposals; initiates and maintains capital project
- Drafts memoranda, letters, and other forms of correspondence; prepare various reports, presentations; and report/present findings to Public Services Director and Deputy Public Services Director
- Manages and monitors contracts for services and materials ensuring compliance with terms and provisions
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and bid documents as needed;
- Performs special investigations, site analysis and feasibility studies as required and submits technical and management reports
What's required: (Minimum Requirements)
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Five (5) years in managing public works capital improvement programs, transportation engineering, and development planning.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license with an overall good driving record
- If a driver’s license is out of state, he/she must be able to obtain a Florida driver’s license within six (6) months of the hire date.
What's preferred: (Desired Requirements)
- Florida registered Engineer-In-Training (E.I.T.) is strongly desired.
- (10) years in managing public works capital improvement projects