The Project Engineer will aid the Owner’s Project Manager (OPM) and staff to provide construction project controls for the Tobin Montessori & Vassal Lane Upper Schools project.
The KOCSUS Project is presently planned as an abatement and demolition of the existing structures, followed by construction of a new facility that will include, school, library and pool. Various building systems and components included in the new construction: geothermal wells, foundation systems, structural steel superstructure, super insulated building envelope, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and Fire protection systems. Technology for building management system and security systems. KOCSUS will also include a cafeteria, auditorium(s), elevators, ADA accessibility, painting, and other miscellaneous finish components.
This position requires a knowledge of the Construction Specification Institute (CSI) divisions of work and how the construction site documentation is processed. The person shall be required to monitor, document, and file all drawings, specifications, shop drawings, change orders, requests for information, design clarifications and all other documents for the project. The filing of this information shall be in an organized hard copy and electronic format.
This person may be requested by the OPM staff to aid in the gathering of site information they require as part of the day-to-day site activities. It is the intent to provide a mentoring environment so that person will gain the experience and knowledge to perform other tasks to aid in their future development with the City.
The project Engineer may be required to assist the OPM on other projects as required. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely on a day-to-day basis with the OPM and perform tasks as directed
- Attend weekly construction meetings as requested
- Assist with coordinating consultant services
- Assist with the development of Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Assist with onsite job inspection and quality control oversight as required
- Assist in the change order process
- Assist in evaluating and resolve claims and disputes
- Has knowledge of the construction document process and the ability to maintain project records
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: This is an entry level position, a recent technical college graduate, design professional or construction professional experience level of 1-5 years.
- the ability to organize, coordinate and control the project files is essential
- Keen organizational skills
- Knowledge of building construction project management requirements is preferred
- knowledge of public building construction in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is preferred
- OSHA – 10 card required or the ability to acquire before starting if offered the position
- experience with and successful responsibility of assignment on construction projects is preferred
- excellent oral and written communication skills; and,
- appropriate people skills, work ethic, and personal character to work in a team environment
- full knowledge and ability to effectively use all the Microsoft Office Suite software
- this position requires a self-motivated person who can work independently with minimal supervision
- The City of Cambridge’s workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
RATE $75,000 – 85,000/year contract position
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours/week; Work hours occasionally exceed 40/week as project demands; including working occasional Saturdays as the project schedule demands (3-year contract position with yearly review)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resumes and letters of interest requested by 10/28/21. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.
Apply for Project Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly