Project Engineer II - Water Resources
The City of Olympia Public Works Department, Water Resources division, seeks a qualified individual to fill the position of Stormwater Engineer II. The selected individual will be responsible for providing an advanced level of technical expertise, project management and program administration within the context of utility-based water resource management. The Stormwater Engineer II will lead multiple complex and sensitive projects as part of a work group providing integrated planning, engineering, and program development services for City water-related utilities. The Stormwater Engineer’s work will focus on storm and surface water. Key responsibilities will include engineering analysis, project feasibility and scoping, policy implementation, field crew technical support, site development review and capital program management. The position will involve limited project design work.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate will have the following critical attributes:
- Brings an in-depth understanding of municipal utility infrastructure and its management including stormwater’s impact on receiving waters and its relationship to the health and protection of aquatic habitat
- Brings an extensive knowledge of Western Washington stormwater regulations and low impact development practices.
- Skilled in leading and facilitating interdisciplinary teams in solving problems and making decisions regarding complex utility engineering, policy, regulatory, operational, and financial responsibilities.
- Ability to apply urban environmental management practices and principles.
- Competent in written and verbal communications with various audiences, including skilled in explaining technical concepts in a concise manner.
- Understands the importance of and enjoys fostering relationships within the agency and community.
- Appreciates working with multiple utilities and various staff members in a team and collaboration-centered environment and demonstrates a willingness to succeed and help others succeed.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- An organized, flexible and reliable self-starter.
- Four year degree in an engineering field (Civil preferred).
- Three years of related experience required.
- Professional Engineer license required within six months of employment.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License required.
- This recruitment is open until filled.
- To be considered for the first round of interviews please submit your application by 5:00 pm, Monday, October 25, 2021.
- Answer the Supplemental Questions included as part of this employment opportunity.
- Only electronic applications are accepted.
- Visit www.olympiawa.gov/jobs to read the full employment opportunity and to apply.
If you have questions about the position and/or requirements, please contact Susan Clark, Water Resources Planning and Engineering Manager, at 360.753.8321 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org