Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity in Wyoming for an Operations Manager to lead our expanding Wyoming operations. This individual will work collaboratively in leading our Wyoming region in all aspects including project delivery, business development, personnel management, and financial performance. This is a senior-level position reporting to our Chief Operating Officer and serving as a member of the Senior Management Team. Depending on skills and interests, this individual will be involved in other company-wide initiatives and projects and be in a position to take on additional responsibility and roles in the future.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company offering professional opportunities and lifelong benefits— it is a place you can build and grow a career. We prize candidates who live our core values of integrity, commitment, respect, and excellence. The person in this position will help us to deliver on our core purpose: creating solutions that build better communities. If you want to apply your skills, learn, and grow in a collegial environment, tackle challenging work, and deliver results through leading a talented team we want to hear from you.
As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
This position assumes the responsibility to plan, organize, direct, coordinate and supervise all of the activities (business and technical) of approximately 35 employee-owners in our four Wyoming offices in collaboration with other senior leaders in the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supports and leads activities that live Morrison-Maierle’s Core Values and Core Purpose, and achieve our Vision and Strategic Plan.
- Assumes responsibility for the financial performance and success of the offices. Prepares the office revenue plans; monitors financial reports, and takes appropriate action with staff and Project Managers to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget; consults with Market Group Office Leaders and Project Managers to meet goals for work in process, utilization, labor multipliers, and accounts receivable.
- Communicates with and directs staff on business development, project schedules, staffing capacity needs, new work, client relations, personnel issues, financial results, equipment, facility, and organizational needs.
- Establishes and monitors Quality Assurance and Risk Management procedures for projects assigned to the office.
- Performs as Client Service Manager and Project Manager as necessary.
- Initiates, manages, and assists in building client relationships including maintaining, expanding, and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients, and securing profitable new work.
- Provides general supervision of Project Managers and verifies Project Managers are executing projects in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Oversees office recruiting; participates in the firm’s salary administration and evaluation programs; arranges for training programs; initiates and directs orientation and termination procedures.
- Facilitates regular office management team meetings to review internal operational issues; facilitates monthly or bi-monthly meetings with entire office or specialty groups as necessary. Communicates with all staff assigned to office as appropriate, regarding administrative, organizational, financial and related matters.
- Participates in Corporate meetings and supplemental assignments related to strategic initiatives, Project Delivery, and office management.
- Works directly with Corporate staff, Operations Managers and Market Group Leaders to coordinate and resolve issues related to staffing, project delivery, business development, information technology, human resources, and other financial and operational issues affecting the office and the company.
- Ensures all staff have formal and informal opportunities to receive career mentoring and guidance, actively works with supervisors to ensure employee check-ins are occurring on a frequent basis to provide feedback about job performance, facilitate working relationships, and promote communication, and ensures salary and incentive reviews are fair and consistent within the office and provides the highest levels of performance with the greatest rewards.
- Active in professional, civic and community affairs that will enhance the image of the company.
B.S. Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Surveying or Science, or related field. Registered PE or PLS or other similar professional registration or professional certification. Minimum of 12 years professional experience.
The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit; demonstrate the ability to maintain a positive group culture; the ability to assess and maximize the strengths of all staff; the ability to mobilize teams to achieve office and company goals; and possess the knowledge and understanding of the financial and operational functions of an organization.
The candidate will also demonstrate a background in, or an interest in becoming proficient in, such areas as leadership development, staff development, and strategic planning.
Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Salary: Competitive compensation package, including salary and bonuses. Relocation assistance is also available.
Location: Our existing Wyoming office locations, Casper, Cody, Gillette, Sheridan, are preferred. Other locations in Wyoming may be considered.
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans
We are surrounded by and work in the beauty of the western United States. We work hard and play hard, providing our employee-owners the opportunity to find harmony between their career ambitions and personal passions in some of the most desirable locations in the country.
As an employee-owned firm, Morrison-Maierle recognizes that its success, measured in growth and profitability, is the direct result of the contribution and commitment of our employee-owners. The responsibility of ownership is part of our culture and we believe employees should benefit from their efforts and contributions to the firm through an ownership stake in the Company.
Morrison-Maierle is a community-minded company that encourages its employee-owners to become involved in organizations with local and personal significance. We follow our Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Commitment, and Excellence in everything we do.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement plans, Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee paid benefits such as Supplemental Life Insurance.
Apply online at www.m-m.net