Engineering Services Manager
This position is responsible for managing the operations and activities of the Engineering Services and Traffic Engineering divisions.
- Graduation from an accredited* college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering; and
- Seven (7) years recent experience in technical civil engineering office and field work; and
- Four (4) years recent experience in highway design; and
- Four (4) years recent supervisory experience; and
- Possession of a valid/active/current license as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Alabama or possession of a valid/active/current Professional Engineer (PE) license in any state with the ability to obtain registration in the State of Alabama through reciprocity within six (6) months of date of employment/promotion/demotion/transfer.
- Current Certified Floodplain Manager certification (CFM) preferred.
- Current Professional Traffic Operations Engineer license (PTOE) preferred.
*Accredited through an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) or the Council for Higher Education (CHEA).
Condition of Employment/Promotion/Transfer
Employees are required to complete Certification of Understanding & Condition of Employment/ Promotion/Transfer/Demotion Form.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Possession of a valid driver license and acceptable driving record. (PBA 9/10/11)
- Employees are required to complete Certification of Understanding & Condition of Employment/Promotion/Transfer/Demotion Form.
- An applicant for this position is subject to various background investigations up to and including a criminal, credit, past employment, and reference checks.
- Employees are required to submit to Drug and Alcohol testing in accordance with the City of Dothan policy, which includes pre-employment and random tests for the duration of employment in this position. (PBA 8/13/12)
- Must meet the City of Dothan’s employment physical standard, which includes drug/alcohol testing.