Civil Structural Engineer
• Incorporates personnel and public safety as a priority in the design and operation of system projects.
• Prepares and presents reports, sketches, and designs, including recommendation to resolve complex issues.
• Coordinates and maintains Chimney Inspection Program and Structural Integrity Program for the generation fleet.
• Ensures all project designs are in accordance with sound engineering practice.
• Prepares and designs civil standards and operating procedures.
• Performs assignments in a thorough and reliable manner.
• Ability to effectively manage significant number of projects.
• Works with minimal supervision.
• Shows adaptability to coordinate materials, personnel and schedules.
• Recognizes and accommodates unusual aspects of a challenge.
• Ability to communicate technical subjects and complex ideas to a diverse audience.
• Clearly explains options, costs, benefits, risks.
• Ability to persuade and negotiate solutions.
Education, Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• 8 years related job experience
• And registered PE in at least one state with Luminant plant assets
• Design, repair, and/or maintenance practices for power plant equipment
• Technically proficient in civil/structural engineering
• Cognizant of legal, regulatory, and code requirements to meet design constraints.
• Understands objectives and parameters of design and construction and works within them.
• Experience gained through college degree programs and/or certifications is applicable to above skills.
• Meets expectations of work product reliability and volume.
• Completes objectives within target time constraints.
• Effectively communicates and resolves issues with other work groups while preparing and presenting detailed documentation and plans of complex design.
• Technical issues are resolved in a manner consistent with operational profile of the asset.
• Effective Chimney Inspection Program and Structural Integrity Program documentation and program sustainability.