The Associate Engineer works/collaborates closely with the Director of Operations and Engineering and other members of the Blue Phoenix Inashco USA (BPI) team. Must quickly become a technical expert on the patented BPI Advanced Dry Recovery system and various conveyor systems. Provides a wide spectrum of technical support to the engineering and operations team, including technical research, assisting with troubleshooting, cost estimating, engineering documentation/specification preparation, and CAD document preparation. The position requires periodic travel to job sites for durations of several weeks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare CAD documents and detail drawings.
- Prepare engineering documentation and specifications.
- Conduct technical research.
- Perform cost estimating of project/equipment specifications based on design, customer and budgetary requirements.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and develop solutions to challenges presented at existing project sites to improve system performance through hands-on field work.
- Prepare written reports documenting field observations and estimates of probable cost to implement repairs or solutions.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or civil engineering
- Minimum 1 year’s applicable work experience
Special Skills and Abilities
- Strong 3D CAD capabilities, preferably with Autodesk Inventor
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Hands-on mentality
- Team player spirit; ability to work well within an international team and foster an environment of cooperation
- Excellent communicator on all levels; ability to be convincing, maintain a positive attitude and enhance morale
- Ability to accept and act upon feedback
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and willingness to travel within the U.S. and internationally for extended durations
- Respect for Health, Safety and Environmental protection in the workplace
- Sit, stand, walk
- Climb and walk on heights often greater than 4 feet
- Move about all areas of the plant, including catwalks, deck grating, wet and muddy areas, and uneven surfaces
- Close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust focus, corrected or otherwise
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/j7ZOAKTq1RjOSwGbIdglx