CAD/CIVIL DESIGN TECHNICIAN
CAD/CIVIL DESIGN TECHNICIAN (Civil)
Under the supervision of the PE, the CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing and updating drawings for civil engineering projects, preparing construction drawings, details, specifications, drainage reports, and other documents. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
- In collaboration with the PE, designers, and other technicians, prepare and revise drawings and reports to ensure consistent project documentation.
- Review plans, survey data, specifications, and other documentation as requested by the PE or project manager.
- Ensure municipal/regulatory capacity/sizing guidelines as defined by PE are implemented in drawings.
- Ensure project notes, design calculations and other documentation are maintained for future reference.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of third-party items and services database, with supervision by the PE. Make data available to engineers and project managers.
- Other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance and other data retention tasks.
- Typical office environment working with computers and co-workers. May also include some field work that may include exposure to construction sites and variable weather conditions.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office suite software.
- Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, listening, oral, and written) and work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Able to generate layout drawings from sketches and specifications, and familiar with civil engineering design parameters and knowledgeable of standard drafting practices.
- Associate degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting, or related field, plus at least four (4) years of related work experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Preference given to previous experience in CAD.
- Dependable with a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation.
- The full-time position is located in Fredericksburg, TX, and requires successful completion of the Pre-Employment screening.
- Flex-time and telecommuting is an option after an initial orientation period.
Apply for CAD/CIVIL DESIGN TECHNICIAN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly